Sunday Snippets - set a schedule

Happy Sunday 📰 

Welcome to another edition of Sunday Snippets. As someone who spent more than 2.5 years looking for a job, I'm offering some tips that may help you get a job, or at least an interview. This is not professional advice, just some things you may want to think about.

Today's tip: set a schedule for your job search and (try to) follow it 🧭

When I was looking for a job, I tended to start early in the morning and tried to get it wrapped up by lunchtime. That way, I could leave time for other things that needed to be done: appointments (doctor, dentist, vet, etc.), grocery shopping, laundry, cleaning, the list goes on. If I was thinking about my job search all the time (scrolling through job ads and continually refreshing my email, to name two somewhat mindless activities), I felt like nothing was getting done - I wasn't getting interviews AND life around the house needed attention. 

Setting job search hours helped create boundaries between my professional and personal life. I was also doing some freelancing so I had the added contingency of work sprinkled throughout my job search, keeping a schedule made it much easier to make sure everything got done. And if I needed to switch some things around, I did. 

The point isn't to make a strict schedule and keep it, it's to create a plan so you don't waste countless hours looking for a job with little to show for it.

Hang in there job seekers 🧗‍♀️

#TodaysTip #SundaySnippets #JobHuntingChronicles

Popular posts from this blog

post #49 - Have a cat? Ask me, maybe I'll travel to you to watch him/her 😺

maybe an interview cancelation is really protection

closure is best, even if the answer is "thanks but no thanks"