proceed with caution
Happy Tuesday 📰
Job seekers, this is a reminder to be cautious when a *recruiter* reaches out to you. I recently had one that seemed legitimate but something just didn't sit right with me. They were being evasive to questions that I shouldn't have had to ask, so I opted to do a little digging. I went to the hiring company's website and couldn't find the job they were recruiting for. I did, however, find an HR contact and a person with the title who the job reported to. I emailed both explaining that a recruiter had reached out to me and while I would 100% respect their hiring process, I was trying to verify if the job/recruiter was legitimate. The HR person emailed me back (thank you!) indicating that they had no such opening and they did their own recruiting. In short, they were not working with any outside recruiters.
If you think something's off, stop. I got lucky in that the *recruiter* mentioned the company they were supposedly working for, most don't give up that information so early in the communications, but even if they hadn't, my spidey senses were telling me this wasn't legit. It's sad that as job seekers we basically have to be private investigators when deciding who to work with but sadly, that's where we are.
Stay alert and proceed with caution ⚠️
#JobHuntingChronicles