Sunday Snippets - stop being so picky

Happy Sunday ๐Ÿ“ฐ 

Welcome to another edition of Sunday Snippets. As someone who spent more than 2.5 years looking for a job, I'm offering some tips that may help you get a job, or at least an interview. This is not professional advice, just some things you may want to think about.

Today's tip: stop being so picky ๐Ÿคจ

I've seen quite a few posts from job seekers who complain they can't find a job and I get it, the disappointment is real. But then I look at their headline and see "remote only". Look, I get that you want a remote job, but so do thousands of other people and unfortunately, more companies are implementing RTO policies so the chances of you finding a remote position aren't that great. 

If you're serious about finding a job you need to broaden your horizons. Keep looking for that remote role but also look for roles that are close enough for you to commute to. You may find a job faster that way.

I used remote as an example because it's the one I've seen most being complained about but there are definitely other things that job seekers seem to lock in on as non-negotiable that aren't so much needs as wants. My point is in this job market, you probably aren't going to get everything you want so you need to be a little flexible...

Hang in there job seekers ๐Ÿง—‍♀️

#TodaysTip #SundaySnippets #JobHuntingChronicles

Popular posts from this blog

post #49 - Have a cat? Ask me, maybe I'll travel to you to watch him/her ๐Ÿ˜บ

Sunday Snippets - set a schedule

maybe an interview cancelation is really protection